Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Plant events + new Hoyas!

I'll start with Hoyas first:

Joni calls this Hoya sp. orange acanthostemma. I cannot find any other information.

H. bhutanica.

H. carnosa 'Chelsea'

H. sp. Ban Ngon Ngoy (!!!)

H. deykeae. (!!!!!)

H. aff. parasitica 'Lao 2'

H. elliptica EPC-641. This is great because I lost this one last year.

H. imperialis 'Mosaic'. I threw this away since there were murmurings of it being virused.

H. sp. 97005. Look at those huge leaves! It's like H. latifolia or H. surigaoensis!   
They're all in the rooting aquarium. Here's to another flawless round of rooted Hoyas in there!





As for the other plants, there are some signs of spring:

Baby finally bloomed for me. It was blooming when I got it, but I've never succeeded in having her do so again...until now! Sorry for the dirty windows!
 Proof that Jades are funny plants:

This leaf, left to its own devices, did this by itself. Goes to show that Jades want to live!

I whacked my Jade recently (maybe a week ago) and it's already bouncing back. I was really nervous to do it, thinking I might kill it. HA! Look at it.



H. mindorensis is a fickle plant for me. It's died back majorly twice with me in one year. Under the grow lights, it's doing fantastic! I see 5-6 leaves coming in.


I don't think they'll get to go outside until mid-May. :( Oh well. Until later!





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © So Much Beauty in Dirt