Monday, July 9, 2012

Little updates.

On one of the few weekends to myself, I went to the beach. That was exactly what the doctor ordered.

Anyway, a few things are happening in the garden:

1. Flora is dead. She wasn't happy with the soil she came in and by the time I did emergency re-potting, she was already a goner. I'm sorry, doll, you were a beautiful plant. BF took me out to get a new one. I'm going to re-pot her tonight when I get home into my soil. She has nice white roots and I intend to keep it that way.

2. Diva stopped blooming (finally) and started to die off on one branch. Poor thing, she did so well for almost a year. So I noticed that she was growing some aerial roots - I cut her up to pieces and am hoping to keep her alive through cuttings. I know Kalanchoe blossfieldiana is typically a 'grow and throw' plant but I really hope to keep her alive.

3. The plants have all been tolerating the 100+ degree weather here. That may be nothing for southerners, but the reason why I live up north is so I don't have to deal with that!

4. Tovah the Tradescantia zebrina 'quadricolor' got a lot longer than I thought she would get. The other Tradescantias are doing well - the ones I got from Mr. S have grown a lot and started branching. The cutting I got from Lowe's is doing fine even though I cut it to pieces to fill the pot. The main stem is branching.

I bought a new plant last week and I will take pics later. I have the day off tomorrow because I need to get some cavities filled. Sayonara!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © So Much Beauty in Dirt