Wednesday, August 29, 2012

2 more days.

So, I went outside to mist the jungle tents full of Hoya cuttings. Here's how they stand now, one week later:

Green = successfully rooted/good aerial roots which are turning into roots.
Bold black = not rooted yet but still healthy looking
Red = not doing anything and doesn't look good

From Joni (mystery bundle): 

H. elliptica EPC-641
H. leytensis
H. cv 'Mathilde'
H. lacunosa 'Thai Clone'
H. pubicalyx 'Red Buttons'
H. limoniaca
H. myrmecopa

From Ebay:

H. lobbii (red flowers)
H. fischeriana (bonus)
H. macgillivrayi (bonus)
H. fungi typical form
H. fungi broad form
H. multiflora (2)
H. mindorensis
H. villosa (?)

H. mindorensis is already dead. Someone tipped over my pot and that was all she wrote. H. fischeriana is a very thin stemmed Hoya, and is not doing well in the tent. I might transfer it to Hydroton next week.  Otherwise, I am very, very impressed with the rate at which Joni's cuttings rooted. It might be because they are so much smaller than the other cuttings. I'm praying to the Hoya Gods that H. fungii broad form and H. multiflora root, if I had to choose two. They have such compelling leaves and growth habits respectively. Of course, I'm hoping I have all of the rest root! 

H. nicholsoniae has those weird beads of fungus that Chaka got. I haven't watered it in a bit, but I guess the recent rains have started that off. I might wrap the pot in a bag to let it dry out. 

That's it for now. I think. Heh.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © So Much Beauty in Dirt