Monday, August 27, 2012

Oh na na.

Hoya business: 

I'm pretty sure all of Joni's cuttings are working on rooting. That is, unless the rain this morning was too much for them. (They're enclosed in a bag with a hole for ventilation.

H. macgillivrayi (a bonus cutting from CB) looks like it will pull through. I lost one cutting (H. mindorensis) because someone )#(#U&(@ing knocked over my pot and it was out in a hot bag without anything to do for a whole day. H. multiflora (both cuttings) will be in water until I get my hydroton and can transfer them. According to other growers, it's very fickle. -_-

Other business: 
 
Queen Anne the Pothos is happily throwing out new growth in her cup full of water. I'm glad I pulled her out of there before she died in that crappy store soil it came in.

Oh yeah! I was watering Bernie, and I picked up his pot. I see something hanging out...something like a root. I pull it, and it moves. I am skeeved out. It was a worm! I unpotted him (his roots looks great!) and took the worm out. I'm calling him Waldo.

H. pottsii sp. 'Chiang Mai' is getting weird markings on its tips. It might not like being on the top level of the greenhouse.

I have to go to bed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © So Much Beauty in Dirt