Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Hail the Mirandas.

Sex and the City is my comfort show. Not even because of the obvious content. Something about just chatting about relationships makes me feel at home. You know, with three of your girlfriends. I feel like I'm watching one big relationship chat. Anyway, of all the ladies, I find myself drawn to Miranda. A type-A lawyer, she was portrayed as especially suspicious of relationships (as opposed to Samantha, who did not want relationships and prowled NYC like her personal sex kennel.) She eventually fell in love with a guy that may not have been the tall dark and handsome guy (Steve was actually short, pale, and had a deep NY accent) but she grew to trust him and love him. Yeah, anyone who watched the first movie knows what happened BUT I can relate the most to her.

I digress.

Today, I went outside to check on things. I actually had a new plant (Hoya fischeriana) to put in there, and I took a good, long look at the plants. No obvious bug infestations and most are doing great. The semps are suffering due to my underwatering, and my Haworthia turgida apparently doesn't like all of the rain (even in the greenhouse). Otherwise, everything looks good. I found H. fitchii trying to wrap around the new H. macrophylla. Ha! It's growing like a weed. H. pubicalyx 'Bright One' lost that yellow leaf I was worried about...and is not trying to produce ~5 more! Yay! Everything looks good. I am more than willing to get a few bug bites for them.

Hail the Mirandas, the fierce, successful, sarcastic, even-keeled ladies that may have a chip on their shoulders.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © So Much Beauty in Dirt