Thursday, June 28, 2012

!, Part one.

Plants. I'm finding that they're really peculiar creatures. Some want to grow to right about the size of your home really quickly, some take a few months to pop out a new leaf. Both of those situations are cause for a little dance...at least for me.

Here's Hal, the Haworthia limifolia. I bought him in February, and at the time I just had to re-pot everything new that came in. Honestly, Hal might be slightly overpotted. His root ball has maybe an inch to grow wide and two inches to grow down. I don't water him much and he basically looks the exact same way today. He doesn't complain about water, doesn't mind being neglected, and is fun to touch!

Everyone say hi to Hal.
I checked my plants after about a week of neglect and Hal was one of the last to get checked last night. What do I see?

Hal was busy pupping!
I was so excited to see Hal do something - anything! - that I did a happy dance. I was worried I was overwatering. He was moved to the shelves I set up for the summer instead of the windowsill and was also worried he wasn't getting enough light. (The top shelf gets mostly indirect light and about a half hour of bright light a day.) I was worried about nothing because he was happily making a baby. I support single dads.

So, almost 5 months later Hal does something. That's perfectly fine by me.

Next up: Sammy the Chlorophytum gets an update. He's really come a long way.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © So Much Beauty in Dirt