Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Ah, fall.

I love fall. Not only is it the season I was born during, but we finally get relief from the heat. Cool, crisp mornings...apple cider...pumpkins. HALLOWEEN. I can't not love fall.

I've been learning to neglect my plants more. Overwatering at this time where they are slowing down is not good...so I didn't water anything this time out. I did, however...

find a scale insect on my new H. buotii. Yikes! It's the first scale I have ever dealt with. I promptly took a plant label and pried it off. Then I sprayed with my water/dilute rubbing alcohol/dilute neem concoction. It's slightly separate from the others...I didn't find anything on anything else. Ugh.

Everything is already starting to slow down. Soon, they will come in. That should be interesting! My first winter with these plants.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © So Much Beauty in Dirt