Thursday, September 27, 2012

This is a birthday post!

I usually wouldn't do this (and plan on doing so for the other much unless I remember the exact days I got them), but these two are very special.

They're my first houseplants, and they came into my possession exactly one year ago.

SO HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO RUSSELL AND DIVA!!!!

About one year ago.

Today! (Diva has been looking like this for about a month or two. She wasn't looking good after she bloomed out. She is putting out new growth.)

Russell has been such an easy plant. He could use more sun, but hasn't dropped leaves en masse or pouted (even during the winter).

Diva. What can I say about Diva? She had such a long run blooming that when she started pouting, I had to save her. She's usually a 'throw away' plant, but I refuse to chuck her. No no, Diva keeps on growing. :)
 Happy 1st birthday, you two. I can't believe it's been a year! Here's to many more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Birthday wishes to your brood! Is Diva a Kalanchoe? We used to throw those away after they bloomed when I worked for a different plant maintenance company. But I never understood why - with a little TLC, they will bloom again. Consistent bloomers.

Lauren said...

Liza, yes...that's is a Kalanchoe with double flowers. I believe it's a Calandiva. I agree with you on the TLC - they're just not throwaways for me!

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © So Much Beauty in Dirt