Sunday, September 9, 2012

Un deux trois.

I just spent an hour and a half uncovering, watering, and taking pictures of the plants.

The happy family. I tend to keep the Hoyas up top and everything else falls in line.

Can you tell I love Coral? She's finally kind of trailing like she is supposed to.

This Echeveria has recovered nicely from being bitten up by a cat (presumably - we have a lot of strays).

H. var macrophylla is doing well after having stressed vines from shipping. I had to cut them back and they don't seem to mind.
This is by far the quickest growing Hoya I have. It's H. fitchii and though I know the vine gets kind of washed out at the end...it's at least a foot and a half long.



H. pubicalyx 'Bright One' is so cute. :) It's a happy grower, too.

H. mindorensis is FINALLY growing some more. It's one of the slowest growing Hoyas I have.


The next two photos are of newer Hoyas I forgot to document. This is H. merrillii.

And this is H. clandestina. It's starting to grow for me.


And now we start with the cuttings. This is H. limoniaca.

With its peduncle.

H. elliptica, which I am very surprised at the rate it rooted! This Hoya doesn't usually travel well, so it's finally perking back up.

H. cv Mathilde, which just lost two leaves. Oh well.

H. mymrecopa.

H. lacunosa 'Thai Clone'. So far, it seems to like me MUCH more than lacunosa 'Sno Caps'. We shall see.

H. leytensis. Such a cute little Hoya.

Here are the other huge cuttings from Ebay. Much larger than Joni's, but slower to root.

H. lobbii (red flowers). Part of it broke off during the initial soak so I just made it another cutting. The top leaves look rough, but it is finally rooting.

The other part of the H. lobbii cutting.

Cute leaves on it, too.

Oh thank the Hoya gods...this one (H. fungii broad form) is finally rooting! I was afraid it would just rot away. The roots are definitely nothing to write home about yet, but it's not dead!
I mean, look at these leaves.


The collector thinks this is H. villosa. She knows better than I, so until I can refute it, the name stays.

Whatever it is, the leaves are really pretty. I was looking at H. globulosa (mostly because it originates in China) and these two are supposedly very similar.

This was a bonus cutting! H. macgillivrayi. It's happily rooting along. Grow grow grow!

H. fischeriana, which looks the most beat up of them all. It is thin-stemmed after all.

H. fungii typical form. 

That's enough of a pic dump. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They all look so healthy!

Lauren said...

Thank you, Liza!

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © So Much Beauty in Dirt