Saturday, September 8, 2012

Overblast!!

I don't know if anyone noticed, but the last 2 or 3 posts have been titled after DDR songs. I know, my Asian is showing.

Anyway, I'm posting because !!!!!:

From Joni (mystery bundle): 

H. elliptica EPC-641
H. leytensis IML-1287
H. cv 'Mathilde' IML/SRQ-3075
H. lacunosa 'Thai Clone' IML/SRQ-3047
H. pubicalyx 'Red Buttons'IML-0268
H. limoniaca IML-0092
H. myrmecopa IML-1375

From Ebay:

H. lobbii (red flowers)
H. fischeriana (bonus)
H. macgillivrayi IML-015 (bonus)
H. fungi typical form
H. fungi broad form
H. multiflora IML-153 (2)
H. mindorensis IML-1776
H. villosa IML-1663 (?)

!!!! You guys, all but TWO cuttings rooted! I thought I was going to kill them all.

Multiflora is doing absolutely horrible, even in hydroton. I guess I will just have to try again next year in the spring. I read that it's finnicky and slow to root anyway, so at least it's probably not anything personal. Ha.

I went outside today because we're supposedly to have tornado-like conditions here in Philadelphia. I tried to pin down and cover everything I could, but I could not resist taking a peek at the non-Joni cuttings. They all had roots! I am just tickled pink. Even the fast-becoming-a-favorite-H.fungii is rooting quite nicely. I haven't lost one cutting put into the buckets...I think this will continue next year. :)

Tomorrow, I will take pics. I hope they don't tip over.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © So Much Beauty in Dirt