Saturday, October 6, 2012

Exodus.

Hey, ya'll. Things have been busy. We are in the midst of YET ANOTHER audit at work, and I've been moving the plants inside. I spent all day today taking in 80% of the plants, as tonight's low is in the low 40s.

Sign #45034948349 that you have too many plants: a plant blooms and you don't notice until they're bloomed out or you take them down to water.

Buster the Pilea depressa blessed me with blooms. This is funny because this plant hates me.


The whole plant.

Some of the plants that

More. They will come out for drying and integration in the coming weeks.

My rooting tank is working very well. I have to keep an eye out for fungus, but they're rooting super fast.

See? Just one of many huge aerial roots.
I dunked them in water before bringing them in and then showered them with a dilute solution of neem in water. I got a couple of hitchhikers (slugs!) but I haven't seen any others. They'll stay in the bags for a few weeks.

I didn't need the aquarium heater after all! Saves me some money. I need a few more CFLs to supplement light for the outside plants. That can wait for a little bit.

I am planning on doing an awards posts for the outdoor plants. I figured it would be fun since I will have all of them inside until April or May. Until then! (List is below because it messes up the font for anything typed afterward.)







Green = rooting/rooted
Red = doing horribly/dead
Black = in rooting limbo (what what what are you doing?)


Hoya CV pinkie
Hoya fungii
Hoya latifolia
Hoya macgillivrayi
Hoya EG00807
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © So Much Beauty in Dirt