Saturday, October 27, 2012

The aquarium plants!

More than a month later, lets take a look at the plants that have had a plum life in the rooting aquarium.

My first successfully rooted H. macgillivrayi. I don't know what IML this Hoyas is, and I guess I will have to wait until it blooms.
H. surigaoensis. I didn't think I'd love this one as much as I do now. It rooted lightning fast and has those big leaves I love so much.

And it's growing new leaves!


Its root system.

H. var macrophylla Hasn't grown much since I've gotten it. Those two new stems are about it, and even those died back when I brought them in. No fear, because they're growing back with new stems!

The H. macgillivrayi that I got from CB. It's finally rooting. The tank helped a lot!

It's so pretty.

H. cv Pinkie! This was one I wasn't necessarily looking forward to growing...then I found out it was H. subcalva x H. australis, and I have always wanted an H. subcalva. Rooted without incident and I like the leaves. No new growth yet.

Its root system. I think the mix has been really successful in the humid environment and encouraged the roots to really seek out new areas of the cup.

This is the H. limoniaca piece that broke off. It hasn't filled the pot yet but has those white, fuzzy roots coming in. It won't be long!

H. latifolia. Lots of roots and several points where I think new growth can start, but none yet.
Tschuss!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © So Much Beauty in Dirt