Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Fancy footwork.

I guess the stress from work is making me more apt to update this thing.

I've just finished assessing the indoor plants. I find that with all of my plants inside, I can do a 2 day back-to-back check and watering schedule. That leaves 5 free days! Most of them don't need water every week now that it's cooled down a bit.

The bad (lets do this first from now on):

H. buotii dropped a leaf, and that leaf had a scale insect on it. I think it got killed with the sprays I did before bringing it in, because none of the other plants in the bag with it showed any signs of stress or infestation. It was small, not yet bulbous and came off easily. It's trashed and was quickly disposed of.

H. elliptica bit the dust. Even in the rooting tank, it just hated life and decided to exit. I was surprised by its quick downward spiral. It rooted quickly and looked strong...then it didn't. I hear it's a hard Hoya to grow and have thrive, so at least I know it wasn't the simplest Hoya in the world and I just suck at raising Hoyas.

H. fungi (broad form) is dead. Dead. Dead. :( Its swan song was also quick and unexpected. At least I think I can get another next season.

The good:

Coral bloomed! Yes, it was one...but she hasn't bloomed for me since I got her in March. Yay! I missed her bright blooms.
:D! I knew she could do it.

Just a fraction of the outside plants.


Another fraction. All Hoyas! From top left going clockwise ending in the middle: Hoya buotii, cumingiana, macgillivrayi, pottsii sp. Chiang Mai, clandestina, sp. Tanna Island, mindorensis, and sp. 910307.


The best:


Green = rooting/rooted
Red = doing horribly/dead
Black = in rooting limbo (what what what are you doing?)



Hoya CV pinkie
Hoya fungii
Hoya latifolia
Hoya macgillivrayi                           !!!!
Hoya EG00807
I am so excited! All of them have healthy root systems! Nice, big white roots. They'll stay in there a few more weeks. I cleaned out the aquarium, put fresh water on the bottom and reworked the trays so that I can fit 7 full plants in there instead of 5. 
From Joni (mystery bundle): 

H. elliptica EPC-641
H. leytensis IML-1287
H. cv 'Mathilde' IML/SRQ-3075
H. lacunosa 'Thai Clone' IML/SRQ-3047
H. pubicalyx 'Red Buttons'IML-0268
H. limoniaca IML-0092
H. myrmecopa IML-1375

From Ebay:

H. lobbii (red flowers)
H. fischeriana (bonus)
H. macgillivrayi IML-015 (bonus)
H. fungi typical form
H. fungi broad form
H. multiflora IML-153 (2)
H. mindorensis IML-1776
H. villosa IML-1663 (?) 
I'm getting better at rooting them. :) Until next time. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © So Much Beauty in Dirt