Tuesday, April 17, 2012

On a personal note...

I'm not currently in a good mood.

My job is high-stress and relatively low reward. I'm not a perfect person, even though the public seems to think therapists are perfect. We're still people.

On that cryptic note, I cannot wait to get back home to my plants. My boyfriend won't be there, but they always will be. Yes, sometimes they get silly and faint on me or allow a bug to suck on them. I'm proud of how they've grown since I've gotten them and they can't speak, but they let me know how they feel by growing or blooming or just plain living.

We can't ask these things of people.

Most plant people aren't necessarily considered "people persons". I am in the minority - I love people, love interacting with them. I live to make sure people are getting the services they need. However, plants have that certain pull. There's a certain grace about growing in the wind, or on a sill. There's a certain peace that washes over you when you see a successful plant grow.

I know it's weird, but sometimes when I get stressed, I'll look at Glasshouse Works or SRQ Hoyas. I won't buy anything but I'll look. I'll get tempted. I calm down and can get back to whatever it was I had to do.

Note to self:
Over the weekend, you re-potted Jasmine to a 6" pot. You also re-potted Diva and Russell into the same pots but into your mix. (Organic Mechanics soil amended with vermiculite and perlite in a 2:1:1). You still need to repot the Senecio radicans and Aloe 'California' - one for you, one for Kevin.

You gave a bath to N. wettsteinii, and did not see any further mealies. Keep checking for the next month or so. She stays in isolation.

Make sure you take Mimi down before you leave on Thursday. She will dry out before you get back on Sunday in that direct sun.

---

To end everything, what a nightmare of a day. I'll be glad to see it over.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © So Much Beauty in Dirt