Thursday, April 5, 2012

What do I hate more than anything?

I have made my peace with bees and spiders. Don't climb on me and don't set up shop in my toothbrush cup and you're not dead.

I, however, cannot stand houseflies.

I left for work today not seeing one fly. I came home to A DOZEN. Yes, TWELVE. I live near a store and I'm convinced they had something to do with it. I don't just get a dozen flies for no reason. So, my plant check was abruptly cut short.

For the record, Febreeze paired with Glade works wonders if you don't have a fly swatter.

It's bad enough the crappy Miracle Gro I used to pot my first few plants breed fungus gnats! I will never use MG soil again.

Die, flies. You carry and breed disease.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bummer about the fungus gnats! Yellow sticky traps are a good way to get rid of them, or you can replace the soil. The reason the Miracle Gro soil gets infected is that the bags are left out in the rain. It's maddening.

Lauren said...

I don't think I was clear about which flies I was fighting... I meant the larger, disease carrying houseflies that don't originate from contaminated soil. The big ones that buzz around no matter what I do.

I do get the little ones, though, and those are very annoying!

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © So Much Beauty in Dirt