Monday, April 9, 2012

Plant jamboree.

This Aglaonema 'Silver Bay' is named Bernie. You know, after one of the greatest Flyers goalies ever. I think he quite likes being named Bernie.
This Crassula perforata was a surprise. An employee at Urban Jungle knocked it off the mother plant and said, "Do you want it?" So I took it home and stuck it in the dirt with my wandering jew cutting. It wasn't particularly moist nor in a particularly large amount of sun, but sure enough last night I saw some good roots on it! It now has its own pot.

Now for the big guns. My new Hoya haul from Joni @ SRQ Hoyas.

H. cumingiana, H. lacunosa 'sno caps', and H. fitchii.

H. fitchii, with his beautiful veined leaves.

H. lacunosa 'sno caps', a hanging Hoya that I love for the speckled foliage.

H. cumingiana. I was looking at Joni's collection and these leaves struck me for some reason. I tend to like thick, green, stiff leaves. This might make sense now.

I also have some preety exciting plant events going on at this moment, but I took time out from my plant check to make this post. All around excitement at casa di Lauren. I should be making another post soon with random plant happenings. Especially Miss Hoya trying to grow towards the ceiling.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © So Much Beauty in Dirt