Friday, March 9, 2012

Dealing with (possible) failure + being a perfectionist.

I'm pretty black and white when it comes to success. Either it happens or it doesn't.

Plants don't really work that way.

I have been tending to an ailing Aeonium 'Sunburst' and an ailing Fuchsia. My favorite plants tend to be of the non-blooming variety, but I'm trying my hand at flowering plants. A. 'Sunburst' apparently did not like its soil being rejuvenated and the Fuchsia doesn't like me moving it to a brighter place in the mornings. All of it's forming buds fell off.

This honestly kind of upset me. Most of my other plants are thriving/tolerating what I'm giving them. These two kind of make me question my ability to keep plants alive, and I know that with gardening you are going to have your setbacks.

I'm a Virgo, which means I strive for the best. I have living things hoping I don't kill them at home. I do worry about them (this is probably because of my personality, I worry about everything).

I have to tell myself that it's okay to keep most things alive but not some. It's going to happen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © So Much Beauty in Dirt