Thursday, March 15, 2012

Ruh oh...

I may have mealbugs on my Brazilian Firecracker.

I saw one on my nightly bug checks. The reason why I'm so anal about it is because I live in close quarters AND I hate bugs. Anyway, I was moving away a "piece of perlite" with one of my skewers and away it went! I got it with rubbing alcohol, but then I went crazy and double checked all my plants. The BF is in quarantine along with my Jasmine Sambac, which appears to have weird white bumps in a uniform pattern on the underside of the leaves. I also double check the plants that "lived" with the BF and will be for the near future.

Ugh. :( I know this happens and it's not the end of the world, but I paid WAY too much money on all of these plants to have a possible infestation. Time to get some neem.

P.S. - My Aeonium 'Sunburst' is officially dead. The leaves started dying on every layer. Such a pretty Aeonium, too. I may try another later on in the season.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © So Much Beauty in Dirt