Monday, May 14, 2012

Lessons learned.

1. Pinching works. Wow, does it work. I pinched my Fuchsia and my Crassula tetragona cutting and both sprouted from two points in less than a few days. It's not like I never believed that pinching was effective, I just looked at the new growth like something to cherish, not pinch off. I am a believer now. I'll be pinching my branching plants from now on.

I just pinched Chaka, the H. phyllostachya (who, by the way, has gotten HUGE in just three months). I'm sure that will be a success too. Miss Weedy made it a success in about 24 hours. Oh my god.

2. Miss Hoya needed a little time (and neglect) in order to show new growth. Miss Hoya is really four separate plants, and for a while only one was really doing anything. I snipped her all white leaves off and left her alone. She got water maybe every week and a half. Now she's got growth on each plant. I'm so happy!

3. Trent the Euphorbia milii has been having a hissy since being repotted. I did some reading and apparently they're pretty pissy in general about being transplanted. (One plant a user uploaded showed almost ALL the leaves yellowing and falling off. It made Trent look like an absolute angel.) I calmed down a bit and took the one bit of advice given - give it some moving air. I cracked open the windows and allowed my fan to blow by i. It's lost maybe one leaf since I did this a few days ago...that's much better than the 4-5 a day he was dropping.

4. Jazzy only seems to be fussy when she's got flower buds. She's resting now and very tolerant. Phew.

--------

Put Coral and H. fitchii outside in the back. It shouldn't be too cold for them. I know that to get Coral to re-bloom, she will need lots of light. She won't be getting that in my northwest facing bathroom. I think my M. inflatta and E. suzannae died due to lack of light and too much water together. I don't want to kill these, which are quickly becoming favorites.

I also ordered from Gardino nursery. Ordered Saturday (when they were closed) and they're sending them out today! I should have them Wednesday. :) Also awaiting Mr. S' plants. Should be here Thursday if he ships them out tomorrow. Excitement!

Ciao!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © So Much Beauty in Dirt