Thursday, May 31, 2012

The wonders of fertilizer/new plants.

Rhipsalis mesembryanthemoides. I bought this about a month ago and it's been fertilized lightly at every watering.

Almost every tip has new growth. The tips do fall off rather easily, though. (The plants have to come down for watering.)


Rhipsalis rhombea. It's been slower growing, but is showing many new tips.

Adorable.
Both plants have been watered about once a week with diluted fertilizer. Most of my plants respond positively to the amount of fertilizer and light. These two have only been here about a month, so these are good examples of fertilizers' perks. Yes, it's growing season and they probably would still have grown just fine without it. I, however, would like to think I'm doing something right.

Sempervivum 'Kalinda'. I was out buying my mom some plants for her garden, and I was in love with the color of the plant. I think it will lose its tint but I still love semps.

Euphorbia x Iomi. I'm hoping that this one lives...
That's it. I'm very tired. Next up: my mini greenhouse.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © So Much Beauty in Dirt