Friday, May 25, 2012

Plant panic (or, silver linings)

I just spent about an hour and a half this morning moving plants. My apartment is about 85*F right now with both windows open. Shades are down and plants are moved to less bright spots. Everything that needs to be watered is watered.

Why am I still so nervous something is going to die?

I totally forgot to mention that Baby, the dwarf Euphorbia milii, is still kicking. She gets unfertilized water about once a week and she is sprouting new leaves. She had to be isolated for a bit because of wigglies in the bracts. They were snipped off and she stayed isolated for about a month. It must have been so lonely for her.

Anyway, she is back with the pack and wiggly free. She took everything like a champ. I stopped fertilizing her because she is in such a small pot. I also probably killed Trent due to over-fertilizing AND underwatering. Shame, really. Baby is doing well and I totally forgot that she was around. I keep looking for a new Crown of Thorns, but I forget she's right there...silently growing.

I'm hoping for a white one this time around. When Baby blooms, she's red all over. I'd like something different. Trent was a beautiful yellow bloomer, but I like to switch it up. Maybe it'll be Trent 2.0.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © So Much Beauty in Dirt